The Mount Airy Baptist Church began its long and illustrious history in the same geographic vicinity of the Nation's Capitol where it is presently located in November 1893, several blocks from the Capitol Building, at 110 F Street, N.W., a group of seven men met to pray with a sick man, as was the accepted Christian standard. The group grew in size and zeal as Rev. C. C. Mason began to preach the gospel and he encouraged them to form a mission to advance the Lord's work. The group soon organized into the Mount Airy Baptist Church and Rev. Mason was called as its first Pastor. Read more...